While the thyroid gland can regenerate, it's a slow process.
Part of the problem with thyroid gland regeneration is that, in most cases, people aren’t removing the underlying factor causing the damage. Without addressing these autoimmune issues, significant damage will occur over time.
Today I’m sharing what we know about thyroid gland regeneration, including a few journal articles exploring different aspects.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How the regeneration of thyroid cells compares to other areas of the body
- Why it’s essential to remove the damage-causing factor
- Critical considerations for people with Hashimoto’s and Graves’ Disease
- What research tells us about how thyroid cells regenerate
- The role of adult thyroid stem/progenitor cells in thyroid regeneration
- How partial thyroidectomy impacts the restorative function of the thyroid
- Whether radioactive iodine hinders the thyroid’s ability to regenerate
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
To learn more, visit the show notes at https://savemythyroid.com/podcast/does-the-thyroid-gland-regenerate/.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Access hundreds of free articles at www.NaturalEndocrineSolutions.com
Visit Dr. Eric's YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/c/NaturalThyroidDoctor/
To work with Dr. Eric, visit https://savemythyroid.com/work-with-dr-eric/