Oxalates are small molecules that have the ability to form crystals. These crystals can, in turn, deposit in different areas of the body, including the thyroid gland, and impair thyroid function.
Outside of the impact on thyroid health, oxalates can deposit in areas such as the kidneys, bones, brain, skin, and nervous tissue and cause symptoms including muscle and joint pain and even fibromyalgia-like discomfort.
Today I’m sharing everything you need to know about oxalates, where they are found, why you might want to moderate your intake, and what to do if you have high oxalate levels.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What are oxalates?
- The relationship between oxalates and kidney stones
- Four leading causes of elevated oxalate levels
- Special considerations for Vitamin C
- Common symptoms of high oxalate levels
- Foods that are high in oxalates
- My moderate approach to managing dietary sources of oxalates
- Conditions associated with high oxalates
- What research shows about how oxalates can impact thyroid health
- Testing for oxalates and the potential for false positives
- How to lower oxalate levels
- Action steps to take if you have high oxalate levels
As always, I hope you find this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
To learn more, visit the show notes at https://savemythyroid.com/podcast/oxalates-and-thyroid-health/.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Access hundreds of free articles at www.NaturalEndocrineSolutions.com
Visit Dr. Eric's YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/c/NaturalThyroidDoctor/
To work with Dr. Eric, visit https://savemythyroid.com/work-with-dr-eric/